March 19, 2010

Long Days

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I work all day then attend night classes...tiring.

School here seems to be a little different-even though it is an American University. I have to learn to be more flexible. For example, my teacher cannot make it to class next Thursday so she simply moves the class to Friday night. WHAT? That so would not fly at home. We are busy and have crazy schedules. To top it off, if you miss more than one class, you fail. Yikes.

I guess here you are a student first - it is a privilege. Another classmate said we Americans take education for granted. I do not think that is completely fair, but I guess my annoyance leads to me believe that there may be something to that. I have a tendency to believe I am the paying customer so should have some control.

OH and the reading......I cant stay awake to read it all. It is like 1000 pages a night. We had to read 400 pages before the class even began. zzzz

We shall see how this turns out.


Here’s a funny one…
Notice the giant in the front row. Dear Warren, I can now relate.