March 16, 2010

Fish Spa, Anyone?

Massage shops are on every corner and it is CHEAP! One-hour Thai massage is about $20. So far, I have gotten a pedicure, foot reflexology service, fish spa, and traditional Thai massage!

You if you are like me, you are wondering what in the world is a fish spa all about....they are aquariums with no lids where you insert your feet. The fish will then gently feed on the dead skin. It is a type of exfoliating treatment. It is very ticklish at first, but we became use to it. I think it was more fun than truly beneficial.



After the fish spa, we had a foot reflexology treatment. All I can say is OUCH! I would have sworn I had bruising on the bottom of my feet. The treatment is to aid in reduction of stress by using pressure points-so I knew I needed that! That night we slept for 10 hours….I’m not sure it was a side effect of the treatment or that exhaustion caught up with us-but I felt completely drugged. Great sleep.

My absolute favorite was Thai massage. OMG-love it. The woman who gave me a massage worked every sore area; she knew what was wrong without me having to say a thing. I think she put my spine back in the right place. I will be frequenting that place for sure!