January 2, 2012

Day 11 Last call, part 2


Our next stop was to the beach on Hong Kong Island.  The only problem was the weather quit cooperating with us and it was a rainy slosh.  We did see the beach and I would have loved to hang out there on a sunny day.  We saw several brides getting their pictures taken.  Teresa said its very normal for people to get pictures done outside from the actual wedding day.  She pointed out this area was very a very popular place for expats to live and hang out.  We checked out Stanley market and I put some good ol time in picking up gifts and trinkets. 





We headed back to Kowloon island to grab an amazing cocktail.  We went up to the 109th floor of the Ritz Carlton to the fancy bar and observation deck.  Yes 109th floor and the elevator to get up there was the fastest elevator ever.  It took 55 seconds to get all the way up there, my ears were popping and I could actually hear everybody else’s ears as well.  It gave me the giggles and I couldn’t stop.  Yup, weird white girl foreigner starts cracking up on the elevator for no reason.     Once up there, it was designed so cool- contemporary fixtures, open fire things, glowing things and the view of the city was remarkable.  This is one of those places you go for 1 drink that costs the price of five, but the view and ambience is part of the price.  I ordered a dragonfruit martini….and it was heavenly.



Afterwards, we went to the mall where I could check out one of our Naturalizer stores.  It was the same as most other Naturalizer stores….same setup- only difference was the prices were in Hong Kong $$.   We grabbed a bite to eat at the mall – I think one of my fav.  I finally got to try the dumplings that have soup in the middle.  It was VERY tricky to grab and pick up the dumpling with a chopstick without puncturing a hole in it and the soup leaking out.  Yummy.


What an amazing day…..

I mean Hong Kong has everything I love. A beach, lots of shopping, lots of water, lots of people, food, bars, and a social culture. I am so glad I went. I highly recommend Hong Kong as a fun filled vacation destination. Althogh I am sure I owe most of this to Teresa, she was so sweet to take me out and answer all of my odd questions.  Thanks Teresa!!  I heart Hong Kong!